Please click here to find more information about our school. Click on the left blue sidebar, Bulletin Board and Calendar Section, and you will find more specific information. Log in information is needed to enter the secure section for the school families.
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phone - 314.921.2201 ext.
The goal of our P.E. program is to help all students develop their physical skills within their limits.
"I have the strength for everything through Him who empowers me." Philippians 4:13.
All students are encouraged to do their best as they build confidence and competence in their physical abilities. This competence can help lead students to embrace a healthy and active lifestyle. Students participate in a variety of games, sport skill activities, sports and exercises with an overall focus on teamwork.
A FEW THINGS THAT MAKE OUR PROGRAM UNIQUE
1. FAITH - At a Catholic school, we have many opportunities throughout the day to connect with God, and P.E. class is no exception. Each class begins with a short prayer. At various times of the year, we celebrate our faith. For example, in December younger students work on jumping over pink and purple cardboard tubes that resemble Advent candles to remind them of this holy season of waiting for the birth of Jesus.
2. ARCHERY - During the fall, our 5th through 8th graders participate in the National Archery in the Schools Program. Archery is a highly inclusive and safe sport. This is an exciting opportunity for our students made possible by the generous support of our Home and
3. CATHOLIC-FIT - Our 6th grade students and their families participate in a program called CatholicFit which combines faith and fitness. This program strengthens the Catholic identity and health and fitness of our students and their families. This program is a collaborative effort in the Northeast County Deanery of Catholic Schools.
4. PHYSICAL FITNESS AWARDS - Students in first through eighth grades participate in the Presidential Physical Fitness awards program. Many students look forward to this challenge. This program is designed to help them be committed to physical fitness for improved health and performance. The fitness test includes five events that measure muscular strength and endurance, cardio respiratory endurance, speed, agility and flexibility. There are 3 levels of awards: Presidential, National and Participation.
5. HEALTH LESSONS - Health lessons are taught in some of our P.E. classes. We use a program called Health Teacher that is currently being implemented in the Archdiocese of St. Louis. The program focuses on attitudes, and skills that will provide students an opportunity to learn and to practice behaviors that promote lifelong health and wellness.
6. RUNNING CLUB - St. Ferdinand offers and after school Running Club. This is a free club that gets together on Wednesdays. Students join together in a prayer, warm up, running/walking period and a coll down/stretching phase. The students enjoy getting together to exercise with friends when the school day ends.
7. GO! ST. LOUIS MARATHON - Students in Kindergarten through 5th grade have the option of participating in the the Go! St. Louis Read, Right & Run Marathon. This is a program designed to help promote reading-proficients, community-minded and physically-fit children. Over the course of several months, students read 26 books, right the community with 26 right or good deeds and run 26 miles. In April, our students join together with other school children in Forest Park to run the last mil of their journey.
8. HOMERS FOR HEALTH - St. Ferdinand has raised hundreds of dollars over the last few years in our participation in the St. Louis Cardinal's Homers for Health program. This is a lot of fun and all for a great cause since our kids are helping kids at Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital. In the spring, students participate in a raffle and classroom homerun derby with the top finishers competing in a school homerun derby. The winners in each division then move on to Forest Park for the next round of competition and have the opportunity to meet Cardinal players like Matt Holiday.
Check out my links page to the left. You will find helpful websites for sports and healthy foods. Enjoy.